week 27


How far along: 27 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: I gave in, and stepped onto the scale (I'm going to have to move it away from the wall, because of my belly I have to sort of lean back to stand on it!). It was mildly shocking and depressing. I'm now up 23 pounds. I was hoping to stay on the 25 pound end of normal weight gain, but with three months of growing left to do, I don't think that's going to happen. I am definitely now more motivated to skip the unhealthy things and go for more fruits and veggies, and that's got to be a good thing.

Maternity clothes: Oh yes. I would wear a maxi dress everyday if possible, even if they aren't the most flattering thing (they tend to get tent-like, reaching the largest part of your body and then just tenting straight down). I don't know how some women go without maternity clothes in pregnancy. They are just so much more comfortable.

Stretch marks: Still can't see any, but the underside of my stomach is increasingly difficult to see.

Sleep: The worst yet, since returning home from Germany. I think it is more due to jet-lag than pregnancy.

Best moments this week: Germany was definitely a highlight. And baby girl just moves and moves all the time, which is still fun, mostly.

Worst moment this week: Tired hips from walking around Frankfurt.

Food cravings: Chocolate and anything baked, or cheesy.

Any new symptoms: Getting that weighted stomach feeling, where getting up and getting out of bed is suddenly more difficult, because it is like having a bowling bawl strapped around your middle all the time. SO weird.

Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks have slowed since being home, but still a few every day.

Innie or Outie: I'm just wondering if it will ever truly be an outie... I kind of hope not.

Wedding rings on or off: Now that I'm back at my desk job, they are on.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, though  maybe Andrew should answer this question...

Looking forward to: Checking a few things off my to-do list. And the 28 week appointment this Friday, where I get to have a glucose test and rogham shot (I'm looking forward to getting them over with!). Those feel like milestones to me. And, we're going on our last final vacation just the two of us this weekend, to Las Vegas. There is an expo there that Andrew is going to, and we have a dinner planned at Bouchon Bistro, which I am very excited about.

Comments

Popular Posts