Once again, I've abandoned this blog for far too long. A took the above picture two weeks ago, when we walked around Salt Lake identify the rock on different buildings for his geology class. It was fun to see different parts of the city and just hang out with my best friend.
Other updates? Not much. Thanksgiving was wonderful with both families. I made unintentionally lumpy garlic potatoes and Lion House rolls, which were wonderful. We're looking forward to our Hawaii vacation, though I feel completely unprepared. I have a new bathing suit, but that's about it. Also, this week we have a do-or-die meeting with the city about our house building. I really hope we can finally come up with a solution and avoid going before the city council next week (prayers, please!).
Lastly, I have a BIG idea in the works. As in, what I want to do career-wise in the future. When I thought about where I wanted to be in 10 years, this idea really stood out to me. It is one that will take a lot of work, require a lot of help, and likely not payoff for awhile, but I am so excited about it that I'm losing sleep (on both ends). I can hardly think about anything else, and have already filled pages with ideas. I've talked with some of you about this idea, and am thrilled to have your support. You are my dream team.
Sunday, November 13, 2011
This is my hair today. Sometimes people ask me how I do things with my hair (usually styles that involve braiding, since apparently french braiding your own hair is a special gift). I'm thinking of posting some video tutorials for a few styles.
Last night I did my hair in three sock buns, in a mohawk down my head. This morning it was ultra-curly and kind of uncontrollable, so I did some creative hair pinning and this is how it turned out, as a sort of to-the-side chignon. Maybe someday someone will pin it onto pinterest...
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
I was just thinking about how I love it when my friends update their blogs, so I thought I'd do a little update here.
- I'm a deputy! They appointed me as the Deputy Recorder at work. I had already pretty much been doing the work, and now I get the title. In another week, I'll have been there for six months.
- We're going to Hawaii! I may have already mentioned this, but we're going to Kauai with my parents in December. We leave on Christmas Eve, actually. I'm so excited to go on a week-long vacation!
- Our house prospects are not looking very good. We've still been trying to work with the City, but have not had much staff support. It is really hard to not have an answer, to be in limbo, without a yes and without a definite no. Still praying for a solution with the city.
- My primary program is this next Sunday. It has been hard to come in new, with a new presidency, in the middle of the year. The kids are so wonderful, so I'm sure it will be fine, but I'm just looking forward to being finished.
- I'm doing so-so on my goals. Exercise is hard, but I've been doing better than I have in a very long time. Flossing is going well. Reading time could use some improvement, as could bedtime/waking up. I've been eating a lot of junk lately, mostly at work. I have a really hard time saying no to sweets. Should I go cold-turkey? Would that just make it worse? I literally fell terrible when I eat bad food, so I need to do better.
- Speaking of reading time, I'm reading The Night Circus. It is pretty good.
Posted by Marta at 8:05 PM