week 26

How far along: 26 weeks (last Tuesday).

Total weight gain/loss: Avoiding the scale completely.

Maternity clothes: Yes, but having a hard time finding the perfect maternity pants. The leggings I bought before my overseas trip will not stay up. Really, most pants will not stay up.

Stretch marks: None that I am aware of.

Sleep: Sleeping well when I'm at home, in my bed, with my fortress of pillows.

Best moments this week: Spending the weekend in Germany with the hubs, and a smooth flight there.

Worst moment this week: Finding bathrooms in Germany.

Food cravings: Ice cream and gelato!

Any new symptoms: More back pain. Funny thing, Baby Center said on week 26 you might experience back pain. So true!

Labor Signs: So many Braxton Hicks contractions. I walked all over in Germany, and considering most days I sit at my desk for 10 hours, that is a lot more activity than I'm used to. I think that caused the increase.

Innie or Outie: Officially in the donut phase, where there is a part that used to be in that is now out, and it protrudes like a donut ring, with the very middle still in (though more shallow than before). It is so weird.

Wedding rings on or off: Mostly on, minus hot days where I'm outside walking a lot.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, though maybe a bit exhaustible.

Looking forward to: Still third trimester, the nursery, baby showers, and meeting this active little girl. She moves SO MUCH, and my whole stomach pulses and moves. It is visible.  I just wonder what she will look like, what color her hair will be, will she have any hair? Will she be a happy baby? Will she cry when anyone else even looks at her? I hope not. I hope she is genial and a very good sleeper. But I'll love her no matter what, even if she's a pill sometimes.

Comments

Popular Posts