and.... we're off!

We're flying to Germany tomorrow. I have mixed feelings about this.

I am terribly excited. I love Germany. I love the food, the trains, the buildings, the feeling of it all. I'm also really excited to have a week-long break from normal life, and to spend some quality time with A. It is a  babymoon, of sorts.

However, I'm a little worried about a few things. I mean, I am 7 months pregnant. This involves being tired a lot, having to use the restroom a lot, and having this giant belly that I have to try and dress every day. It is rough. I really am agonizing about what to pack. I want to pack very light. I want to be comfortable, but also stylish. And, the weather could vary 20 degrees while we are there (from the 60s to the 80s). Today I was contemplating just giving up on the stylish part and opting for running shoes everyday. I think I"m probably being ridiculous about it, but it really is one of my main concerns!

Another concern is that I will be on my own for 2-3 of the days, while A is at the trade show. I'm apprehensive about navigating the transit system by myself, and a little worried about the whole not-speaking-German thing. Mostly I try not to think about it.

I also need to figure out what to take for the 12-hour airplane ride. Book suggestions, anyone?

Comments

Popular Posts