Germany Day 2

the temple
Day two started with a breakfast of meusli with fresh peaches, bananas, and blueberries. I love German food.

I wore the black and yellow maxi dress, and my black maryjanes.

Then we headed off to church, a 10:00 am meeting time. We got there, and a nice man came up to us and informed us that the English speaking ward had moved to Frankfurt, and that they meet at 2:00 pm. So, with a few hours to kill, we drove out to the Frankfurt temple and walked around the grounds. We still had quite a bit of time, so we drove the scenic way home to Dombach, and it really was beautiful. I loved seeing all the little towns, the flower-filled windows, the street markets, and the church towers. At home we had grilled ham and cheese sandwiches with potato salad. Then we left for church (again).
an unusual design, but pretty
handsome hubs

  

  

We did find the right meeting, and enjoyed visiting the ward in Frankfurt. It was very small, but it seemed like everyone knew everyone, and that each member had an important role to play. I think it would be nice to live in a small ward like that, where you rely on each other for support and friendship (versus here, where everyone has family close-by and wards are so big that some people get away without a calling).

We returned home for a dinner of penne, marinara, and sausage. We tried some of the mineral water left in the house for us, but mostly couldn't tolerate it. It was especially bad with the spicy pasta!

Sunday evening was filled with more Ticket to Ride. That game is seriously addicting.

Comments

Valerie said…
I'm super impressed you found a church to go to. I have to admit, I tend to be a little lax about church attendance when I'm on vacation.

Your trip sounds amazing. I also really love Germany.

Popular Posts