I've been tagged, and am happy for the free blog, I've been super busy and in a blog stupor, so this is nice, thanks Trish!
8 T.V. Shows I love to watch:
2. Arrested Development
3. Pushing Daisies, perhaps No. 1
4. My So-Called Life
5. Ugly Betty
6. Starter Wife
7. The Office
8. Law and Order, all of them
8 Favorite Restaurants:
1. Beehive Tea Room
2. Pho Green Papaya
3. Cafe Rio
5. Bellissimo (Gelato is food, right?)
6. Atlantic Cafe
7. Cafe Trio
8. Market Street
8 Things That Happened Yesterday:
1. Woke up
2. Got stuck in construction 3 seconds after I pulled out of my driveway, even though the train station is only 3 blocks away.
3. Turned in a 6 page paper on 3 buildings from different architectural periods
4. Got 42 out of 50 on a test in that same class, which was a good thing for me
5. Ran into an old heartthrob, felt super akward cause I looked like a bum when I wished to look super hot to be kind of like, "Ha, I'm super hot and married, you kinda blew me off when I was like, 15, so there."
6. Read half of The Thirteenth Tale, so good, by the way.
7. Took a nap at the library and swallowed a bunch of air, as always happens when i put my head on a desk to sleep.
8. Ate KFC (yuck) and watched a whole disc (from the library) of Arrested Development with the hubby.
8 Things I look Forward to:
1. Our "big trip" next year (Europe? Southern Hemisphere?)
2. Being done with school
3. Owning a house that I can decorate and PAINT!
4. Girl's nights out
5. Christmas break
6. Christmas music
7. Someday having the time to exercise/clean my house ever/cook/spend time with A
8. Fridays. Every week.
8 Things I love about Fall:
1. Crunchy leaves
2. Hot food, like tea and cocoa, soups and such.
4. Knowing that Christmas is coming soon
6. Fires in our wood stove
8. Not sweating to death in my car, even though it has ac now
8 Things On My Wish List:
1. Riding Boots
2. A new coat, wool and feminine, like a dress.
3. More turtlenecks
4. A mani/pedi
6. More mineral makeup
7. A job I enjoy more
8. To be less stressed
People I Tag: All you out there who need an easy blog! (you know who you are...don't make me name names!)
Saturday, October 18, 2008
I've moved on from booties. They are cute, but decidedly a little bit odd looking. Here's my new project. What do you think? I'm hoping to try it on baby niece Z (there is a toddler Z too, different sides of the family...)this weekend. Since it's just a prototype, made with yarn and ribbon that i just had around, hopefully future cloches will be even more adorable. I may even make one for myself, as well as my now 5 nieces. I may eben take requests...
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
I hinted around my new found love of mineral makeup. Let me elaborate.
It's really expensive, but so worth it. It cost $60 to get a starter kit. It comes with two shades of foundation, "warmth," a.k.a. bronzer, mineral veil, two big brushes, and a concealer brush. It also came with a free lipstick and free eyeshadow, since I bought it at the new boutique at the local mall.
Pretty much it feels like you're wearing nothing, and looks like you're wearing nothing, while still offering coverage. That sounds confusing, but what I mean is that hides all your imperfections, while allowing the beautiful side of your skin to shine through. It looks like you have flawless, makeup free skin. Who doesn't want that? Everyone should find a local boutique and get a "make-under." The brushes are so soft, it's like a mini face massage. Anyway, if you try it, you'll want to buy it. I hear the starter kit lasts for like, a year, which makes the cost not so terribly concerning.