nursery decor.

The nursery is almost done, and pretty soon I'll give you a virtual tour. But for now, I thought I'd share one small part.

I wanted a chandelier as a sort-of mobile, to be hung over the dresser where we'll put the changing pad. I even found a light fixture to rehab into a beautiful chandelier, but decided to go in a different direction for a few reasons. 1- beyond the $10 I spent on the light, I would have to buy paint, crystals, and a cord conversion kit (it used to be wired into the ceiling, and would have to be changed over to plug-in). 2- I was a little worried about the possibility of a metal chandelier falling on baby.

So, I went with Plan B. I found this kiddy chandelier decorating kit on Amazon. The example on the box looks pretty terrible, but I thought it looked like it had potential. Plus, it came with all the jewels, and with our Prime account was only $17.99 with free 2-day shipping!

{image via}

So, you'll have to wait and see how mine turned out. It is hung up in the room, and I think it turned out pretty cute! Let's just say that I tossed the pink and purple beads and jewels, and donated the glitter glue to the grandkid stash. If it falls on baby, she'll probably cry but at least there won't be any real damage.

Comments

Popular Posts