week 31


How far along: 31 weeks (baby is 16 inches long, 3.3 lbs, according to Baby Center)

Total weight gain/loss: At last check, it was totally depressing, up like 33 lbs. This is almost the very top of my goal (maximum 35 lbs). My feelings on this are tempered with knowledge that gaining weight is normal and healthy and what is supposed to be happening. Still, it is never fun to see that number on the scale.

Maternity clothes: Still haven't made my maxi skirt, but the on I ordered from Old Navy arrived in the mail and I want to wear it every.single.day. So I'm motivated to sew up a new one.

Stretch marks: Don't think there are any new ones.

Sleep: Slept funky one night last week, and had a dead arm for days. Seriously, it felt like I had been weight lifting 100 lbs just with that one arm, so very sore!

Best moments this week: Choosing nursery paint and carpet, buying a vintage tweed swivel rocker, making progress on painting the ombre dresser, and getting the room almost painted (one more coat needed). Also a beautiful shower put on by my BFF Trisha. It was so fun to see the few that were able to come, and they were so generous and gave really cool and unbearably adorable gifts (including binky sanitizer and girly-girl ruffled romper). We also made some name progress, I think, though we'll have to see her to know for sure what her name is.

Worst moment this week: Like I said, I was a bit of a beast last week, on a few days. It was a hard week at work, and I mostly felt terrible all week.

Food cravings: None really.

Any new symptoms: I seem to just hurt everywhere, all the time. Sciatic pain, mid-back pain, arm pain from crooked sleeping, etc. And, I've noticed some slight swelling at the end of the day. Here's to hoping that cool weather nips that in the bud.

Labor Signs: Nothing yet, though I'm starting to wonder if some of my "Braxton Hicks" are actually real.

Innie or Outie: Obviously poking out, but the inside is still in, and probably will stay that way.

Wedding rings on or off: On.

Happy or Moody most of the time: A few days of moodiness, but I think I'm back to my happy self.

Looking forward to: My sister and her fam coming this week! Also getting a prenatal massage on Friday, a family baby shower on Saturday, and family pictures (I still have to find something to wear, yikes!). Also looking forward to the nursery progress (finished paint and new carpet), and being able to move baby girl things into the room. And seriously, I'm so excited to meet this girl. Based on her crazy movements, I think she's going to be a feisty one.

Comments

Popular Posts