Coincidences can be quite delightful.

I eat my lunch in the study area adjacent to the Union ballroom on campus. I usually sit at a table, eat, check my email, and play a few games of solitare. Every once in awhile, I get lucky and get to be a bystander in whatever even is going on. The first time, it was to hear the amazing Cornell West speak about Dr. Martin Luther King Junior. The second, was Chelsea Clinton answering questions about Senator Clinton's policies. Today, I just happened to be sitting in the Union during the BSU (Black Student Union) day at the University for prospective students. They had a talent show competition, and it was just about the coolest thing ever. (We didn't have a talent show at any of the days I came to the U!) I also got hit on by one of the students, which made me feel pretty good even though he was probably still in high school. (He said, "Hey beautiful..." I blushed.)

Comments

Popular Posts