scared...

So, the whole cutting my hair off was sparked by the fact that my usual stylist just happens to be my best friend, and that she is getting married. On Friday. Despite the business of wedding plans, emergency oral surgery for her, and all the stress that accompanies matrimonial bliss, my hair still needs to be done. I tried to tell it not to grow, but it just didn't listen. The difficulty in having your unavailable stylist also be your best friend is that there is a great deal of emotion involved on both ends. She does a good job, or she knows I'll be upset and she'll feel terribly guilty. I go only to her because it would be just as bad as cheating in a long-term relationship if I went to another stylist. I'll feel bad if I go to someone else, even if it's "just this once," and I know she'll feel bad too. The other issue is, I'm a bridesmaid, and my hair this Friday will be recorded in the wedding pictures for the rest of time. So, I can either leave it with almost an inch of regrowth, bangs in my eyes, and frazzled ends, or I can go somewhere and have it cut. But what if the cut is a bad one? What if it doesn't look chic, but just butch? What if it accentuates my oh-so-round face? What if I hate it, or what if my husband hates it? (What is it about men and long hair?) What if the in-between phase, while I'm trying to grow it out looks awful? What if it looks cute with jeans, but idiotic with the bridesmaid dress? (Or skirts in general. I definitely don't want to look like a boy in a skirt and heels.) And the final question, who can I go to that will do a good job?

Comments

klt9976 said…
If you want I can give you the name of my girl. She did a great job. text me and I'll send it to you.
Unknown said…
I don't think you could look like a boy if you tried. You are just too darn pretty.

Good luck!

Popular Posts