week 17

How far along: 17 weeks

Total weight gain/loss:
8 pounds gained (probably more, but I'm avoiding scales).

Maternity clothes: I hit the thrift jackpot, and found some cool cargo-ish shorts, a black jersey dress, and a pair of maternity jeans that I cut off into burmuda style shorts last week. Score!

Stretch marks: Still no sign of them, knock on wood.

Sleep: Sleeping really well, but I'm not big enough to be uncomfortable yet. I really hope to talk Andrew into getting a new mattress in the next few months.

Best moment this week: Enjoying our last vacation to Yellowstone and the Tetons as just the two of us, with the freedom to go see movies and take naps in the middle of the day, to stay up late without a baby monitor, and to drive without any whining or crying.

Worst moment this week: Starting to walk around Old Faithful and having to go back too soon for a potty break. Generally feeling tired on vacation.

Food cravings: Anything bad for me. We bought $7 of candy at the candy store in Jackson Hole. My favorite were the sour watermelons and sour apple gummies. I also indulged in some Cheetos and many s'mores on the trip (try a s'more with a reeses square, holy amazing!).

Anything making you queasy or sick: The smell of stinky kid feet. Residual campfire smell in my clothes and hair.

Labor Signs: None.

Innie or Outie: 
Still in, but maybe less so, or maybe I'm imagining it.

Wedding rings on or off:  On, but the first night in Yellowstone last week my hands were so swollen by the end of the day that I couldn't get them off! But otherwise on and off with ease.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Generally happy. I am seriously so glad that I've been happy and feeling good nearly this entire pregnancy. I feel very blessed. And I make up for it in weight gain and sleepiness. :)

Looking forward to: Big ultrasound on July 27th! And planning a joint baby shower with my bffs. Just wait, it is going to be pretty much amazing. And feeling baby girl move (I have an anterior placenta, so supposedly I have to wait longer to feel movement). And putting a nursery together at some point.

Comments

Popular Posts