halfway there

I am in shock that next week will be the 20 week mark. Am I really halfway done?

I've talked to a few other pregnant women, further along than I am, about this milestone. One said that because most don't even know they are pregnant for the first quarter of pregnancy, that this milestone isn't as significant as it would seem, that the second half is much longer than the first.

But it feels like a big deal, and I am endlessly excited. It seems too good to be true. Another friend, who recently had a baby, said that for her the third trimester went by in no time. I really hope this will be the case for me. Getting closer to December means feeling more movement, doing more nesting, and counting down the days until we meet baby girl (her name will just come to us when she's born, right?).

Comments

Popular Posts