spilled beans.

We told A's family tonight. Mostly I was dying to get the two bins of maternity clothes my sisters-in-law saved for me. I feel like nothing fits comfortably! Waist bands are tight, shirts a little unflattering, and I'm just generally uncomfortable. Needless to say, everyone was very excited!

I just looked through the clothes, and found a few things that will help stretch my wardrobe, but unfortunately I'm quite a bit taller than my sisters-in-law and so most of the pants are inches too short. I guess it's time to go shopping.

Let's talk more symptoms. I haven't been feeling so great the past few days, no throwing up, but I just feel like staying in bed all day. That's going to be really great tomorrow when I have go to work, right? I've also been really exhausted, and gaining more than I probably should be. They say you are supposed to gain 1-3 pounds in the first trimester, and I think I'm  up to five or something. Yikes!

Meanwhile, my first appointment is in less than two weeks! I am so excited. I've also arranged to participate in a clinical study that will give me three appointments, two extra ultrasounds, and potentially a sleep study. And it pays. The first appointment for that will be this Thursday, but I think they'll just draw blood and do a normal exam. But, depending when the second appointment is, I might get an ultrasound earlier than my doctor would give, which is great! I can't wait to get to twelve weeks (I'm almost eight right now), to get past this risky time, to hear that lil' heartbeat, to see that blur on the ultrasound, and try to make out its appendages. I can't wait.

Comments

Popular Posts