halfway mark

With a seven-day week, when do you get to say you are, say, six and a half weeks instead of just six? I'm going to say that three days is a half week.
Today I am six weeks and five days. It seems like it is moving by so slowly, I can only imagine how I'll feel in the coming months! I'm still feeling great symptom-wise, I have yet to have morning sickness or throw up (knock on wood). I hope lil' baby is okay in there, since morning sickness is supposed to be a symptom of a healthy pregnancy, however I can't complain about feeling great. I can only imagine how much harder it would be to keep it a secret if I spent all morning in the bathroom at work.
I honestly don't know how I'm keeping this information to myself. I just want to TELL EVERYONE! Especially when they ask specifically. Oh that is so hard. I'm going to Women's Conference with two of my sisters-in-law and my mother-in-law this upcoming week, and am wondering if it is going to come up then. We'll see. 
A and I have been talking about baby names, both jokingly and seriously. For a boy I really like Miles, Cole, and Henry. He really likes Lewis, and I like that okay too. For a girl I like Charlotte (Charlie), Nelly (after my grandma), and Grace (after A's mom and grandma). Have I mentioned that (not so) secretly I want a girl? We need to add more girls to the grandkids on both sides to even out the numbers, especially since most of our siblings are done having kids. A is convinced it is a boy, and already refers to baby as Lewis. I use it and say, Lewis wants some Doritos, Lewis wants me to have a new dress, etc. It's not working very well so far.
I think I've gained some more weight now, too. I'm up four pounds, yikes! I really shouldn't be, and mostly the only "showing" I have is from bloat, after meals. Like I said, I'm thankful to not have morning sickness, but I do envy those girls who are like, "Oh I lost weight my first trimester!" Yeah, that's not me, but I have to admit that I haven't been trying to exercise or avoid unhealthy foods. I think I do eat good things, just in addition to bad things like cupcakes and such.

Comments

Popular Posts