Germany.

Just in case any of you were gripping your mouses and keyboards with the suspense, I did get a plan ticket to Germany! Today I made the $200 deposit as well, so it is a done deal. Here's a brief description of the trip:

...Join us for what promises to be an exhilarating look at the ways our emerging understanding of urban ecology is informing policy, architecture, mobility, social systems and planning. We'll be travelling to Berlin, then to the Bauhaus in Dessau where we'll work on a collaborative project with students at the Dessau Institute of Architecture (DIA), then head south to Freiburg to see green urbanism at work before heading to Munich and home again.

Sounds pretty great, huh? We're staying in hostels, except when in Dessau we'll be in the Bauhaus guest house (guest haus? Haha). I've been trying to learn some phrases in German, but my years of Spanish are messing me up, so I may have to get a CD from the library to teach me pronunciation. Anyway, I am very excited for this trip, and for school to start in just two short weeks. For now, Auf Wiedersehen!

Comments

Lace said…
Marta! I am friends with Trisha and I went to Murray so that is how I know you. Anyway, I'll help you with German as it is my minor! I'm studying abroad there next summer, I can NOT wait. If you need help learning some Deutsch, just ask!
-Lacy Allred

Popular Posts