week 22


How far along: 22 weeks. I can't believe I'm saying this, but it feels like the weeks are flying by.

Total weight gain/loss: I haven't checked recently, because I don't really want to know. All I know is that I need to move more and eat less junk food. Why is that so hard to do?

Maternity clothes: Next on my purchase list? Some maternity leggings and more tunic-like tops, and one or two jersey maxi skirts.

Stretch marks: None yet.

Sleep: I got a new pillow, it is wonderful! The other two that I was using are now taking support positions, one between my knees, the other wedged behind my back (I sleep on my sides). It is so comfortable, I don't know why I've never done it before.

Best moments this week: We had a lovely little getaway last week. Thursday we drove to Cedar City and saw "To Kill a Mockingbird." We stayed in an amazing suite in St. George, and went to the St. George temple on Friday morning. On our way through Provo we stopped and had dinner at our favorite Utah County restaurant, Spark. Saturday we went to an outdoor concert at Deer Valley (Pink Martini played with the orchestra). The music was fantastic, the setting idyllic, and the company couldn't have been better. We even danced with the drunks (or among the drunks).

Worst moment this week: Work was really busy, after being in training for a whole week and out of the office, but not bad. Just busy.

Food cravings: Anything cold.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Replacing this with "Any new symptoms." The answer is yes! Ribs are starting to hurt, not from kicking, but I think from just expanding. Not super happy about that one. Also, heartburn is worsening so I am now taking Zantac every day in addition to treating with Tums.

Labor Signs: Still having what I think are Braxton Hicks.

Innie or Outie: Innie, but becoming more of a - than an o as my tummy stretches.

Wedding rings on or off: On, but getting tight throughout the day instead of just at night.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy this week.

Looking forward to: Figuring out the housing situation. We'll either be buying a condo or renting a storage unit. We look at a condo today, a short sale near Andrew's parents' house. It is a really good price and a nice development with big beautiful trees. I hope it works out. If not, we get to stay with my parents, and they are pretty awesome. Plus, there are three other pregnant women in our current ward, due within 2 months of eachother. And that will be pretty fun to stick around for, so either way things will be good. And as soon as it is decided, I can start nesting, which I'm dying to do.

Comments

Popular Posts