week 21


How far along: 21weeks.

Total weight gain/loss: 14 pounds gained.

Maternity clothes: I'm to that point. Pants no longer button at all, dresses show slip in the front, and shirts aren't quite long enough. It is crazy, but it means progress so I'm okay with it.

Stretch marks: None.

Sleep: Had a really bad morning the other day. I woke up at 4:00 am with terrible congestion and asthma, plus having to go to the bathroom, and I was hot and hungry! And I couldn't really get back to sleep after that, even though I didn't need to be up until 5:30.

Best moments this week: Andrew cleaned house, like a champ. He's the best. And we've been enjoying watching the Olympics together. I like to suggest athletes' names as possibilities for baby girl (how about Greta?).

Worst moment this week: I had a bit of a meltdown on Wednesday. We were supposed to go to the first session of a birth class. That didn't happen.

Food cravings: None really, maybe that means that my vitamins and minerals are well balanced? I've heard that some cravings suggest deficiencies.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing. I feel like I should replace this question with one that is more applicable to me...

Labor Signs: I think I've started having Braxton Hicks contractions. Randomly my stomach will get really hard, and after a few seconds it goes back to normal. Not painful, but definitely noticeable.

Innie or Outie: Innie.

Wedding rings on or off: On.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, minus drama Wednesday, as previously mentioned.

Looking forward to: Everything. This month is our 5-year anniversary, next month we go on a trip to Germany, the next month is baby shower time and Andrew's birthday and Halloween, the next month is Thanksgiving, and then it is Baby Time! When I think of it like that, I can't believe how fast she will be here. It is unreal. It also stresses me out a bit. Not the being a mom part, but the where am I going to put all her stuff and when can I make a nursery for her stuff. We're kind of in residential limbo right now, waiting for a few things to happen before we can make any moves, and it is really tough. But I know in the end it will all work out, I just need to have some patience.

Comments

Popular Posts