what do you do with chard?

{via}

We got some chard in our CSA a few weeks ago. I've never cooked with chard, and was at a bit of a loss at what to do with it. One quick recipe search turned up this recipe: Creamy Swiss Chard Pasta. Overall, I really liked it. I don't know if A liked it as much.

I did make some adjustments to the recipe. I started the onion and garlic first, before adding the chard, just to make sure the onion wouldn't be crunchy. I also let things cook longer than the recipe called for because I had to wait for the pasta to cook and such. If I get more chard and make this again, I'll probably omit the milk. The sauce was very runny, and I would have liked it better if it were thickened up. Flavor was great though!

Comments

Unknown said…
I just like it sauteed with a little garlic and butter (start the stems first so they soften) and served as a vegetable with some nice vinegar and salt to dress it. But it's also great in pasta dishes and soups. If you don't want to do a creamy pasta again, try tossing your pasta with chard and other veggies and adding beans and parmesan. Dress with tomato sauce or just a drizzle of olive oil. Yum.

Popular Posts