vintage finds

Hello, Friends.

First of all, thank you, to all you comment-ers. You know who you are. There is nothing more gratifying than to see that people actually read what I write. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Second of all, here's what I did with my ebay money. I went to Savers and Target, and found some grrreat things.

At Target, I got a pretty little dress on clearance for only $6. I plan on wearing it tomorrow, and will definitely take a picture.

At Savers, I picked up two sweater vests and a purple silky shirt. One of the vests is brown with a bone toggle, and I gave it to my dear sister, because it fit her better and I totally owe her for recently snagging me some awesome floral tights, a Mad Men-esque dress, and an awesome tie front button up. The other vest won me over the minute I read the tag. It says: Hand Knit by John Rasmussen. It is off white with brown buttons all the way down, and nice big pockets. Sort of bulky, but in the good warm sort of way. I'm wearing it now, belted. The purple shirt will go great with some black leggings, it is sort of a jewel tone.

Third, we went to Green Papaya tonight. I had the veggie tofu pho, it was heavenly. I usually have the steak pho, but after reading about the cattle lots in Omnivore's Dilemma, I just couldn't face it. The tofu must have been fried, it was delicious. They were out of broccoli, and very apologetic about it, so they just gave me more tofu. Also in my delicious soup? Cute little mushrooms (I spared them, don't worry) bamboo shoots, thinly sliced carrots, the usual vermicelli noodles, bean sprouts, basil, and sriracha. I don't think I'll ever go back, the veggie tofu pho was that good.

Fourth (and last,) we have acquired yet another vehicle. Now, don't laugh or be scandelized when you hear what it is. I feel like a bit of a hypocrite about it. It is a Cadillac Escalade, with a blown motor. The plan is not to drive it or be permanent owners of this hunk of unnecessary-ness. The plan is to fix it, clean it, and sell it. Meanwhile, we have 4 cars in our driveway, and another project car at the shop. (The four cars are: the Escalade, A's truck, the BMW which is currently out of commission because it leaks trans fluid and because my last attempt to drive it ended with being stuck in my own driveway in the snow, and the Summit, which I am now driving and have a new appreciation for. The project-ish car: A's brother's diesel Jetta, not really ours, we're just trying to sell it for him. But, until we picked up the Escalade, it was in our driveway.) How crazy is this? Two cars for every person in this house! Anyway, if you know anyone that wants an Cadillac Escalade, BMW 328i, or '86 diesel VW Jetta, let me know!

Comments

Chelsea said…
wait, so rather than fix the BMW again you're selling it. That kinda makes my heart hurt.
Marta Nielsen said…
Didn't you read the "not good in the snow" part? I literally could not get out of my driveway on Tuesday. It was soooo bad. Plus, BMWs are intimidating to fix, and expensive to fix, and we've tried to fix the darn trans fluid leak about 5 times already with no luck. Plus, if we sell it, we will get lots of moolah, and be able to go to Europe.
Unknown said…
Good luck, missy! I have to say I emphatically don't want a BMW or an Escalade. Find me a nice, late-model Honda and we'll talk ...

I loved seeing you last week. When are you going to visit me in MT?

Popular Posts