week 39



How far along: 39 weeks. I can count the days left on one hand!

Total weight gain/loss: Let's face it, we're almost to the end here, so let's just not talk about it anymore.

Maternity clothes: Just making them work until the end. And then hopefully I'll be able to wear normal pants sometime in the next few months.

Stretch marks: I am happy that baby girl is still in, I know it is better for her, but I can't help but think that if she'd come early these stretch marks wouldn't be here.

Sleep: Eh, mostly good. Turning over is still hard, and getting out of bed is hard too.

Best moments this week: Two nice work parties, a lovely wedding (my cousin's), and an awesome date with Andrew on Saturday (driving around Daybreak in the snow, dinner and trivia at Buffalo Wild Wings, frozen yogurt, and the movie "Lincoln").

Worst moment this week: Disappointing doctor's appointment this week. I went from 3 cm at 37 weeks to  a "tight 4" at 38 weeks. Not really any progress, when I was really hoping that they'd rush me down to labor and delivery because I was dilated to a 6 or something. No such luck.

Food cravings: None.

Any new symptoms: Ribs feel a little better after applying using a heating pad. No other new symptoms, just waiting for the real contractions to start.

Labor Signs: Still nothing new.

Innie or Outie: Outie, and totally weird.

Wedding rings on or off: Band only, still on.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, Andrew thinks especially so since I finished up my last week at work (no more seven a.m. mornings!).

Looking forward to: Some down time before baby comes, to write the last thank you cards, make the crib sheet, and to sleep in. Looking forward to seeing my feet again, to being able to put on shoes and socks easily, to getting out of bed without grunting. And really, really looking forward to this girl coming. I may have scolded her ultrasound picture for not being here already.

Comments

Popular Posts