A's Birthday

Birthday boy in front of the buffet.

Outdoor dining and kids enjoying the tramampoline.

Birthday bunting.

A and the cake.

My father-in-law's birthday is the same day as A's. Pretty awesome.

My niece got in on the candle blowing action.

chocolate cake, whipped ganache filling, and mint buttercream frosting.

Between both of our families, we ate nearly the entire cake. This is all that was left. My 5-year-old niece told me she thought it was pretty good, and considering her mom is the best baker, that's a pretty great compliment.
I never posted pictures, but I did take pictures of A's birthday party. It was his big three-oh. His actual birthday was on a Friday. We went to his favorite restaurant, Buffalo Wild Wings, just the two of us. Then on Sunday we had a family party to celebrate A's birthday and his dad's, since they are on the same day.

I made chili, and A's mom brought clam chowder. We had bread bowls. And a giant cheese plate. And a mint chocolate chip cake loosely based on this one I found on Pinterest. I used my own chocolate cake recipe, whipped the ganache and spread it between the layers, upped the mint in the buttercream and downplayed the food coloring, and rolled the sides in mini dark chocolate chips instead of mixing it into the frosting (that just looks messy). I  really happy with how it turned out, and I think A liked his cake too.

Happy birthday, buddy. I love you. :)

Comments

Popular Posts