week 38


How far along: 38 weeks (it's December, happy birth month!)

Total weight gain/loss: Haven't checked since last appointment with the midwife.

Maternity clothes: Kind of hate all of them right now, except my pink polkadot Gap sweater. I still love that. It is cold enough now that I want to wear tights with dresses, but ouch! And all pants stink. My best sweats are packed for the hospital and not coming out until then, so I'm suffering along without them for now.

Stretch marks: Oh boy. Worse every day.

Sleep: Mostly still great, but to the point where I wake up when I need to turn over because I have to have some hand-support on my belly to do it comfortably (exacerbated by extremely tender ribs on my right side).

Best moments this week: Date night with the hubs (I thought to myself, this could be our last date before baby comes!), listening to Christmas music, getting one last mani/pedi.

Worst moment this week: Really thinking Friday might be the day, and then it not being the day. Getting asked a million times "How are you feeling?" or hearing the comment over and over again, "You're still here!" I don't even know how to respond anymore. Yes, I'm still pregnant, and really excited for her to come, and I generally feel okay but really feel just like any other nine-months-pregnant woman feels: not as good as I'd feel without a baby wriggling around in my belly.

Food cravings: None.

Any new symptoms: Ribs. Ouch. I don't know what is going on in there, are they bruised? They hurt when touched, they hurt when I roll over or get out of bed, they hurt when we turn or stop in the car. Just on the right side.

Labor Signs: Nothing new this week, just same old same old, lots of Braxton Hicks.

Innie or Outie: Outie.

Wedding rings on or off: Band only, still on.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy but uncomfortable.

Looking forward to: Having a baby! Nursery is pretty much done (still just need to make a crib sheet that matches, get a diaper pail, and hang up the mirror), clothes are washed and sorted, carseat is in the car, hospital bags are packed (except the Mister's, he get's to do his own), and baby's official photographer arrived in town yesterday. So baby girl, you can come anytime now. Please just don't let my water break while I am at work. Or in the car. Or at the grocery store. Or really anywhere but at home. Okay? And if you must wait, just wait until the 14th so that I can go see the Hobbit (nerd alert) and so that your Dad can get through finals.

Comments

Popular Posts