love it or hate it?

So I read a discussion board for December moms and babies. A question recently came up, asking moms if they are loving or hating being pregnant. There are two extreme answers so far: either women hate it because they can't drink wine, or they are so sick, or they are too exhausted; or they love it because they love the bonds you get with your baby, or essentially they love the outcome. Most of the latter are not first time moms, so they know what the payout is.
I have to say, I don't love or hate it yet. I'm not sick. I don't work on my feet, and don't have other kids to chase. Yeah, I'm tired, sometimes dangerously so (hello, freeway). Yeah, sometimes my bum and leg hurt. Yeah, I have to pee all the time. But really I'm okay. It hasn't altered my life too much yet. The main thing I'm sad about is not getting a Disney trip this year, breaking my five year streak.
That being said, I am impatiently excited. I can't wait for another ultrasound. I can't wait to find out what this lil' peanut is. I can't wait to feel him or her move. I can't wait to see their little face and kiss their cheeks. Really, I can't wait. So I think because of that, I'm going to say I'm more loving pregnancy than hating it. At least for now.

Comments

Popular Posts