improv

I like to improvise in the kitchen. A compliments me on being able to make something out of nothing occasionally.

Tonight I realllly wanted something carbolicious, like pasta. Spaghetti is one of my most favorite foods. Since we're pretty well off red meat, I had to improvise.

I started with a veggie burger (classic variety) in a frying pan with some olive oil spray. Meanwhile, I started to boil some water.

Once the burger thawed a bit, I chopped it up into bits with my spatula, a la ground beef, and added a small can of tomato sauce. (At this point I started my whole wheat angel hair, which cooks for 7 minutes.) Then I spiced it up with my usual Italian herbs, oregano and basil, and added some garlic powder and fresh black pepper.

Once the noodles finished up, I dumped the sauce on, gave it a stir, and topped it with some parmesan. It was super fast, super easy, super vegetarian, and super delicious. So YES! Veggie burgers can be used as a substitute for ground beef, just so you know.

Comments

Popular Posts