feeling crafty




So I was at the fabric store yesterday (a dangerous place, indeed) and decided to pursue a simple craft I've been wanting to try for a long time: flower clippies. It helps that the number of nieces in my family is increasing. I found some white daisies in two sizes on sale, covered buttons for 50% off, 1/4 yards of cute fabric for only $1, grosgrain ribbon, and some craft glue at the fabric store.Then I headed to Sally Beauty Supply and got a 12 pack of hair clips for only $1.50.

I made nine clips with the white flowers, and still have a lot more blossoms I can use. I ran out of covered buttons, since I only bought two packages, and decided one of the sizes was too small, so I started using cute craft paper for the centers. Next week I may try to find something like this to put over the paper to make the centers more durable.

I went back to the fabric store today to take advantage of the 50% off notions wall and get some more covered buttons to continue making these flowers. I also picked up two more bunches of flowers, one like pink and white carnations, the other almost like a fuchsia chrysanthumum. I also got two more rolls of grosgrain, one striped the other with little flowers, for only $1 each, just to spice up my product a bit. I made a few more flowers today, but only have one clippie left, so most of them are white so far. More to come.

My goal with this project is to maybe sell them somewhere, I'm hoping my friend will be open to selling them in her two salons. I'd ask probably $3 for one, or two for $5. What's your feedback on that price? Too low? Too high? I also am excited to give them as gifts to all my cute nieces. Two so far have gotten some, but they were the first ones I made, so maybe not the best. I'll post instructions on how I made mine later, since A is anxious to get to our 4th celebrations, and so am I!

Comments

Unknown said…
They are darling, Marta! I have made a few flower clips, but I have never seen them with covered buttons in the center. What a cute idea! I think $3 or 2/$5 is just about right. Good luck!

Popular Posts