hodgepodge

-Today I found and earwig under my laptop. I really, really don't like earwigs.

-I am an auntie again, and going to see the little one today. I love being an aunt!

-Last weekend A and I went up to Park City for a free night at the Westgate resort in exchange for listening to a timeshare schpeel. We had issues getting there: the BMW was still not insured, and when we went to start ol' reliable (the Summit) it wouldn't start and the battery wouldn't hold a charge. So, we pulled up to this 5-star resort in A's rusty old pickup. For dinner we went to Cafe Trang, and then went to see Transformers, which I really liked. My favorite part of the whole trip was the jetted tub in our room. It wasn't even a big one, just jetted. When the sales rep was giving us the schpeel, he wasn't taking us seriously at all and was going to shorten our presentation. He probably was thinking, "These people don't own a house and are really young, there's no way they would buy a time share!" But then we started showing some interest, because it did sound pretty good, he ended up giving us a tour and offering to put us up in a bigger room for another night. We are not the kind of people who buy things on impulse, so we were going to go home and discuss maybe buying one of the suites that is in foreclosure and is now the price of the smaller rooms, but they were so anxious to have us buy then that they told us the deal was void if we left that day. Needless to say, we didn't buy. It really was pretty painless, not high pressure, if you can handle the whole, "if you don't buy right this very minute you won't have another chance." If anyone is interested (we got $50 bucks cash too!) email me and I'll hook you up with my friend that does the booking.

If you made it through that big long paragraph, here are some more hodgepodge thoughts:

-I got a canner at the DI this week, and a hammered aluminum tray that rotates. It is pretty nifty.

-I've been trying to keep my house clean, one room at a time. Here's what I do: clean one or two rooms on any given day, or just clear up one major hot spot, like the couch full of clean laundry, and then try really hard to maintain the cleanliness. So far, so good!

-I think I have the best families in the whole world. Family get-togethers are about my favorite thing ever.

-I'm planning a tomato sandwich party for August, since we have 27 heirloom tomato plants and who knows how many volunteers from last year. Problem is, there are so many people I want to come, I may have to have multiple parties. There's my family, including extended, A's family, including extended, and friends and neighbors I'd like to come too. I just don't think our backyard is big enough for all that at the same time. Picture this though: sliced tomatoes in shades of yellow, orange, green burgundy, purple, and bright red, exotic cheeses, good bread, and lots of bacon. Other garden items would also be acceptable. I'm hoping for raspberries and watermelon.

-I don't really like capers. Blech.

-My favorite meal lately, eaten around 10:00 each day: sliced casaba melon, sliced strawberries, 1/4 cup (more or less) of cottage cheese, 1/4 cup Mountain High fat free vanilla yogurt.

Comments

Chelsea said…
Hum, we want to go do the westgate thing too, Kris is supposed to call me, and i am excited!

anyway, i would totally make bread for the tomato sandwich party. I'm pretty much the best at it these days.
Liono said…
Dear Hodgepodge,
I was excited to see that A actually did give you the address of our blog. Hope things are going well. We need to get together sometime and go out to dinner or a movie. Tell A that his old friend "the ditch dog" from Kentucky wants to talk to him again sometime soon.
Sincerely,
Jose Luis, Cubano, Americana, Morenos hablando espanol, Cabezon, Penaherrera, Phase 10, Worry nap, JOSE ROJAS! Thunder over Louisville, Eva, la familia Villatoro, y flying brooms like Harry Potter. There you have two transfers summed up in twenty-eight words.
alyddall said…
ha ha - I have one recipe to try on you before you give up on capers altogether. I used to think they were yucky, but I think you just need them in the right dish. I have a theory about that - that everything is good if you find the right way to prepare it. Also try "Chicken Scallopini" at Macaroni Grill sometime. It is my favorite and has them in it.

About tomatoes - like your friend, I would offer to make bread towards the "A's family" tomato party if you end up doing it in phases. Can't wait to see your fancy tomatoes!

Popular Posts