For Auld Lang Syne

Happy New Year!

In 2015 Andrew finished the bathroom remodel and put up baseboard on the main level of our home. Evie figured out potty training, started a dance class, and learned to recognize all the letters of the alphabet and their sounds. Ezra was born and got two teeth. I made four wedding cakes and did a TV spot on Studio 5 demonstrating a cake. I also got my first ever stitches after a pumpkin carving incident. We had three vacations- an amazing trip to Disneyland and two quick getaways to Park City (one with my family, one just us to go to a hot air balloon festival). The kids each had echocardiograms and Ezra had his kidney images via ultrasound three times. We bought a new couch and then exchanged it a few months later for a better/cheaper one (thanks, Costco!). We ate a lot of Chik Fil A and a ton of Vietnamese food. We cleaned out our basement and sold a bunch of stuff.  We rode bikes as a family and flew kites and went sledding and swimming and played hard.

It was a good year, but I think 2016 will be even better. I resolve to phone less, play more, vacation somewhere other than Disney (I love it, but recognize that I'm turning into one of "those people"), and to get myself back to the gym regularly. I'm excited to eat dairy again in 2016, for Evie to go to preschool, and to do more house projects. I'm excited for a summer where I'm not pregnant or figuring out a newborn, so I can really enjoy it with my family and do all the summer things. 2016, I'm ready for you. Bring it.

Comments

Popular Posts