Ezra had his six-month check today. He's 18 pounds 10 ounces, and 27 inches long. Big kid! The doctor found that he has an ear infection. No wonder he's had a drippy nose and has been cranky. Here's to hoping that amoxicillin will take care of it and that baby boy will cheer up.

Evie had dance today. She's been going to a dance class up the street and loving it. She also came to the Young Women activity with me tonight, doing yoga at the church. Evie was not so into it. She kept telling me she was tired, or asking if I'd hold her. Then she wrapped herself in a yoga mat and started giggling uncontrollably. It was cute and funny and also really disruptive, little stinker. Thankfully the Young Women love her and are super sweet.

Not much else happened today. I got a lot done during naptime (usually I nap too). I planted some succulents, seasoned one of my chalkboard doors and changed out the chalk messages, took down the Christmas tree, and some other little chores. Then I did some kitchen magic and made soup out of nothing (leftover ham, onion, carrot, potato, can of white beans, bullion and water, granulated garlic, white pepper, and a bay leaf). I love it when I can do that and it actually works out.

Oh here's another funny thing that happened today. Evie and I talked about what kind of birthday cake she'd like on Sunday. She's been telling me she wants a Doc McStuffins cake, even though she had a Lambie cake last year. I had one figured out, but when I described it to her she had something else in mind. Then we started looking at pictures of cakes (bad idea) and things got complicated (cake with blueberries, chocolate with raspberries, something with Princess Celestia...). I'm a little worried that now no matter what I do, she's going to be disappointed. I guess we'll see.

Comments

Popular Posts