hungry

I go to bed hungry, I wake up hungry, I get hungry for lunch at 9:30, and for dinner at 3:00. I am eating, 3 meals in fact. I'm still hungry, and the scale is still saying the same thing. Blah.

Meanwhile, I am trying to drink more water, and push more when I run/bike/elliptical. I also am going to try (starting tomorrow) to eat more veggies and less fruit, or at least more veggies. Fruit is good, I probably get 5 or more servings (half a banana, berries, casaba melon, grapes, apple... that's an average day for me)but it also contains a lot of sugar, which is not good for losing weight.

I'm trying to cut calories mostly, because 3500 calories makes one pound. So if I cut 3500 calories a week, which is only 500 calories a day, technically I should lose one pound a week, right? So, my goal is to eat between 1200 and 1700 calories per day, 1200 being the minimum amount for women recommended by the American College of Sports Medicine. This plus my daily exercise regime should be working. I'm still waiting on that one.

Sorry this has turned into a blog about me trying to lose 15 pounds. It's probably boring, but I'm loving the advice!

Comments

Amanda said…
so if you mix it up like eat 1200 one day and then 1500 the next and then 1300, 1700...somewhere in that neighborhood, rather than the exact same amount every day, that's best otherwise your body just gets used to it and plateaus i.e. no weight loss. Also try eating more like six meals a day and grazing, it keeps your blood sugar more regular, keeps your body from going into starvation mode and hanging on to all of the calories, and major plus! you won't be as hungry and try to get as much protein and fiber as possible, i've been doing that and have lost 10 pounds in the last month.
Marta Nielsen said…
Good advice! What are some examples of what you eat for a "small meal?" Do fruits/veggies count or does it have to include protien of some sort? Congrats on 10 pounds! Hopefully I'll see some results soon...

Popular Posts