Dear Evie:

Last night,  I gave you your nightly bath (you wee'd on the towel, that was a first), you had a little nap, ate again,  and yawned a whole lot. I figured that meant you were still sleepy,  so I took you downstairs to your room, changed your diaper,  wrapped you in your swaddle suit, popped your binky, and held and bounced you. For an hour.

You didn't make a peep, but stayed wide awake. Finally I got serious, turned out the light in your room, and turned on the white noise,  heater, and humidifier. I held you and rocked you in the nursery chair.  I started singing you a lullaby, and rather than drifting off, you looked up at me and just smiled. And smiled,  and smiled.  It was about the cutest thing I've ever seen. By chance, your dad came in just then and witnessed the whole event.

We love you,  baby girl,  and love these little moments you share with us.

Love and kisses,

Mom+Dad

Comments

Popular Posts