pmba

I had a meeting with an admissions adviser this morning with the Professional MBA program at the University of Utah. This program is one I could do while still working full time, since classes are in the evenings and only twice per week.

I've only started to look into it in the past few days, but I really feel like it would be a huge step in the right direction for me, and open up a lot of doors for me in my career. It's a two year program, and costs $48,000. Did you know grad school is that expensive? Because I had no idea.

Anyway, there are two start times, one in August and one in January. I was hoping for August of this year, but it turns out the August cohort meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays. My boss said he was ok with the idea as long as I was still available for Tuesday City Council meetings. So it looks like it's the January cohort for me. I'm disappointed about that, but at least I now have some more time to prepare for and take the GMAT, and decide if this is really the best option.

One of the questions on the application asks you to tell something unique about yourself. Okay. That is a tough question. You don't want to sound like a crazy person, but at the same time you don't want to be just another sheep in the herd. My first instinct was to say something about how I got married at 18, after my first week of college classes (maybe it would impress them that I still graduated with a double major, magna cum laude?). What do you think? Would that be weird?

Here's a picture of the child bride:


Comments

Chelsea said…
I wouldn't put it, but only because I can think of other, more interesting things about you. I just don't think that it says all that much about who you really are. Although if you did choose to talk about that I don't think it would be weird at all.
Amanda said…
i also say no mainly because it is not that unique in utah to get married so young.

Popular Posts