looking forward.

I heard a story on the radio the other day about Facebook and self esteem. Basically it was about how people who post negative or "glass-half-empty" status updates have fewer Facebook friends and less positive feedback ("likes").

This didn't surprise me much, in real life most of us enjoy being around positive people, so it only follows that the same thing goes in the imaginary world of Facebook. I would imagine there is a similar dynamic in the blogoshpere. It's not that fun to read poor-me posts. So I'm resolved. To be more positive in the real world, and the virtual ones I participate in online.

I find that I do well when I have something to look forward to. I write little countdowns in my planner, "Only three weeks till ___________!" Hunger Games was a big countdown event. I loved it. Here's what I'm looking forward to now:
  • Attending Women's Conference with my sisters- and mother-in-law in April
  • Having surgery on my foot in May (maybe not so fun, but definitely a life event! and it will come with a week off of work)
  • Our annual trip to Yellowstone and the Tetons in July
  • A taking the summer off from school
  • Seeing Wicked with my mom and sisters in August (so excited!)
  • Celebrating 5 years married to my best friend in August
  • Possibly a trip back to Germany for the Euro version of the show we went to in Argentina, in September

Comments

Popular Posts