well, maybe just a half a drink more...

I missed yesterday's Christmas song, but I'm here with one today!



This little gem is from the movie "Elf." featuring Zooey Deschanel (who I sort of have a girl crush on) and Leon Redbone. This movie had always really annoyed my dad, but when I had him listen to some of the music like this song, I think he reconsidered. Mostly I just wanted him to hear Zooey. She has this quality to her voice that you don't hear much anymore. Adel has it, Norah Jones has it, Amy Winehouse had it. It is old school, and I love it.

Plus, this is a great song (just ignore the goofy theme music at the end of this version).

Have you heard the story of how Frank Loesser wrote this song? I think it is interesting. According to Wikipedia, "Loesser wrote the duet in 1936 and premiered the song with his wife, Lynn Garland, at their Navarro Hotel housewarming party. Lynn considered it "their song," and was furious when Loesser sold the song to MGM."

Comments

Popular Posts