Things I love about my new job, so far:
- I get a new phone! It will be super awesome! I know it is silly that I'm so excited about this, but I have never had a "smart" phone or a data plan or anything, so this feels like a real step up for me.
- I get to dress up, meaning wear business clothes. I did some thrifting for new stuff last week (picked up a linen chambray banana republic skirt, crisp white shirt, and pretty silk blouse, as well as two new pairs of awesome jeans!) and now I get to go find some new basics, like a pencil skirt and some new pumps. I really want a suit, but can't find that perfect balance between quality and cost. Ideas?
- My commute is shorter. Navigating downtown actually takes a long time. Now my drive is almost all freeway, and it goes super fast because I'm going off hours (because of the 4-tens schedule).
- I'm actually going to have great health care! With dental and optical!
- I get to help people, which makes me feel good.
- The people I work with are fun and funny.
- Often there is food (maybe last week was unusual, but I love free food at work!).
- I have a name badge/key card.
- We're shopping for a new car now that I am out of school actually earning something, and driving everyday (I love/hate this part. Hate car shopping, but will love having a new car).