chachachanges.

{Our first day in Florida, at Animal Kingdom. I'm wearing my new shades, which I adore.}

Okay, I admit it. I've been avoiding you. Well, not you, but this blog.

A few weeks ago I was offered a new job. I accepted this job, and gave my notice at work. Then I graduated from University, and promptly went to Florida with my best friend and husband A. It was amazing. I had some anxiety that I would regret spending a week+ at Disney World, being a grown up with no kids who has gone to Disneyland every year since 2007, but it really was a great vacation. I'll post more about that later, with pictures.

So anyway, we got back last Saturday, and I started at my new job on Monday. I am the administrative assistant to the city manager of North Salt Lake City, plus I'll be managing all of the social networking for the city. The schedule is 7am-5:30pm Monday through Thursday, plus city council meetings twice a month. The benefits are wonderful, the work (so far) engaging, and the people enormously kind. I feel very blessed to have this opportunity. I may not be working in Urban Planning, but I have a job, and I'm working in city government, and have already had opportunities to be "in" on some cool things. I have extremely high hopes about this.

Meanwhile, I'm still sort of part time at USEE. Since I took off for Florida shortly after giving notice, which seemed a little unfair, I worked out with new and old job to work part time at both until next Friday. Also, I'll continue doing accounting for USEE on Fridays, which is exciting because I'll be able to still be in touch with the people I've grown to love there, and with the important work they do.

So I hadn't blogged about the job because I didn't want to say anything until it was for sure, and then life just got super crazy with graduation, vacations, and new jobs. Plus, with this new schedule I feel like four days a week I wake up, go to work, come home, eat, and go to bed, leaving not much time for blogging or anything else. But there's the scoop! I'm happy!

Comments

Popular Posts