As I cleaned out my closet room* today, I began compiling a wish list for fall shoes. Let me share.
- Wellies. I've been wanting these forever. Today I can't help but think, "If only I had some rain boots to wear out in this downpour, I wouldn't be stuck in the house, and my pants wouldn't be damp from a tromp in the garden." They have a big price tag, and almost never go for under $100, but these are the kind of boots you can hand down to your children and grandchildren. I try to convince A that they are an investment. He remains unconvinced. For now I think basic black is what I would choose.
- Sorel Snow Boots. These are another forever-wanted item. As I approach my last year in college, I realize I only have one more winter of riding transit and tromping about campus in the snow, but I still feel like I need these babies. What if I need to shovel the driveway? What if I want to go snow-shoeing? What if I want to leave the house when there is snow on the ground? All of these situations call for snow boots, and like the Wellies, they are an investment.
- Black Boots like these or these. I bought some cheap black boots on Black Friday last year. They were not leather, and cost about $40. Needless to say they only lasted one season before totally disintegrating. I like these ones from Target, and can't decide if it would be better to invest more on some that will last longer, or just continue buying a cheaper pair every season.
- Black booties. I can't decide between a flat or a heel, so since this is a wish list, I'll say both. I especially like these, from Born (I specifically looked for a comfort brand pair). I think I'd wear these with skinny jeans and with dresses and tights.
- Brown booties. In my search for black booties I found these, and loved the brown even more. Now I just need to find a knock-off, since these are more than $350.
- Ballet Flats. I need basic brown and black. For brown I like these, and for black I like these, which are on sale for under $10.
Now, with all these shoes, I'd be set for the season. I mean, a girl can dream, right? What's on your wishlist?