our laid back anniversary

Yesterday was great. We started off the day standing in line to get tickets to the University of Utah vs. Utah State game on Thursday. Yes, it was waiting in line, but it was great, especially because we got tickets!

Around lunch time, A had to work, and I had a little homework to do, so we took a break from our anniversary for that. In the afternoon we went and saw the movie Up! at the dollar theater. We couldn't have picked a better movie. I cried almost the whole movie, tears of sadness, of "oh that is so cute!" and of happiness. It was a wonderful story of life's adventures, relationships, love, and marriage. Really, the perfect anniversary movie.

After the movie, we did a few errands, and actually went to look at a project car. We probably won't get it, but we just had fun laughing and joking on the way to and from West Valley.

Dinner was at home. I made some teriyaki-pineapple pork roast with brown rice and green beans, served up on my fanciest dishes, which happen to be pink depression glass. Thanks to my mom, I even have some matching pink stemware. We even splurged and had Coke, which we never do. Dessert was meh, I whipped up some banana cream pudding and served it with sliced bananas on top. I sort of forgot to plan dessert.

Now, we may have had a laid-back anniversary day, but we plan on celebrating all week. This weekend will include one night of dutch oven in the canyon, one evening at Desert Star, and we'll be going out to dinner sometime this week too, along with the football game on Thursday. In other words, we're trying to do something fun everyday this week.

Today's adventure? A leisurely bike ride. Well, I rode my bike. A rode his little electric scooter; goggles, helmet and all. It was no Disneyland, but it was delightful.

Comments

Popular Posts