weekend update

Thank you everyone for the thoughtful (and helpful) comments on the last post. I have started tracking calories, and realized that the protein does not justify all the calories, even in natural peanut butter.

For dinner last night I made Chicken Parmesan, from Cook's Illustrated Best Light Recipes. It involved chicken cutlets, flour seasoned with garlic powder, salt, and pepper, egg whites, and toasted whole wheat panko bread crumbs mixed with a little parmesan. I think it was just over 300 calories for one serving, and it was delish. Unlike most faux-fried chicken, it was crisp, juicy, and golden brown. Paired with the chicken we had steamed broccoli, and A had some whole wheat pasta with marinara. I skipped the extra carbs to keep my calories down. (Full recipe will be posted by request.)

I also went running last night. A and I went together. The only running I've ever really done was in Jr. High, when you had to run "the mile" in gym class. A was a soccer player, and I have a feeling he did his fair share of running.

We left our house high energy, ran along the trailer court to get to the parkway. By the time we were past the trailers I was exhausted, but kept going for a bit on the parkway. I started seeing white spots, which was odd, and took a puff from my inhaler for asthma. Not too far onto the parkway I had to walk for a bit. I told A that I would just meet him at home, so he disappeared into the distance.

I walked fast, passing the old people on the trail, and then took an unexpected detour. See, there is this part of the parkway where to continue on the trail you have to turn right and go over a bridge, while the logical straight pat takes you into a neighborhood of Ivory homes. I didn't know this, so I went straight, and ended up in the neighborhood. Luckily there is another neighborhood entrance to the parkway further down, so I just took that to get home.

I continued walking and running alternately, setting small goals as I went, like "I'll run to the next street and then I'll walk." This was helpful. Though I did some stretching before, I was already sore when I got home. Today, my back hurts, my achilles area hurts, and most of all, where my hips and legs join HURTS. The good news? I'm down one pound. At least for now.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i'd love the recipe!

Popular Posts