shoes


The only running shoes I have are Brooks Cascadia 2 trail runners, pictured above. I got these when my sister and her husband were working at a comfort shoe store in Las Vegas. My parents paid for them, and I think they were a bit expensive, as most Brooks are. This is what I wear when I exercise, and they are tolerable. It's difficult because my ankles pronate, meaning they roll in, so I need corrective insoles. These insoles are not the softest, and aren't meant to be. When I'm exercising I really want a shoe that will not just support and correct, but have some shock absorption.

I'd really like to retire my Cascadias to just hiking shoes, which they are great for, and get some true running shoes. Unfortunately, this is expensive, and I think A expects me to go to the local big box and get something for $20, which I'm not too interested in. What I'd like is another pair of Brooks, so if you have a favorite just let me know.

Comments

alyddall said…
mine that I love are Brooks Adrenaline with "Power step" insoles (I think). Will run about $80 for both together at that Ossine's I *think*. but seriously - go to a store where they will fit you for some and actually know what they are doing. After that, you could just buy new pairs of the same shoes from wherever they are cheapest.
Unknown said…
Look at Sierra Trading post. They have great deals on running shoes. In my opinion you can get a decent pair there for $50 or so. I know M & B love Brooks ... Glenny is a fan of Mizuno. My current pair are Asics (because they were a deal!) and I think they're quite good.
Valerie said…
My advice, since you (sorta) asked for it, would be to hit up a running store. The kind where they watch you run and have trained staff to help you find the right shoe for your stride. The best stores will allow you to try a shoe and return it if it doesn't work for you.
You'll have to shell out more than you might normally, but having a good shoe will (ideally) make running a lot more enjoyable (no shin splints, fewer aches, fewer knee problems), and less of a chore.
I know this sounds like a sales pitch, but seriously, it's worth the investment.
Valerie said…
My advice, since you (sorta) asked for it, would be to hit up a running store. The kind where they watch you run and a trained staff helps you choose a shoe that's right for your stride.
The best stores will let you try a shoe out and return it if it doesn't work for you.
It'll be more of an investment, but a good shoe can (ideally) make running a lot more enjoyable (no shin splints, fewer aches, fewer knee problems), and less of a chore.
I know this sounds very sales pitch-y, but seriously, it's worth it.

Popular Posts