Life Update

I took Evie to visit my old office this week. I got a lot of "what are you up to?" and "how are things going?"

This is a tough question to answer as a stay-at-home-mom. Yes, I change diapers, cut up food into little bite-sized pieces, play peek-a-boo and pat-a-cake, snuggle and console, and have conversations with a tiny person that can only respond with gibberish. And I love it. I'm proud and grateful to do it. And yes, it is hard.

The other things I've been doing are, perhaps, less meaningful. But it is nice to be able to do things that I couldn't do when I was working. I've been making my bed everyday, staying on top of the laundry, looking into going back to school, working with the Young Women (I'm a beehive Advisor), going on errands with the babe, and making things. I've made four birthday cakes in the last two months, and my mom and I have been making bunting banners. We consigned some, and will be selling a bunch at a carnival this month.

I guess the most exciting thing is the school possibility. I looked at multiple Masters programs, and none of them felt right. I want to be sure that the next thing I pursue better prepares me to get a job. I have two bachelor's degrees, graduated second in my class, and still somehow couldn't get the job I wanted. So I decided to look into the world of medical jobs, since that seems to be a field that is steadily growing. I'm not a blood-and-guts kind of person, and am not interested in too many more years of school, so here's what I'm looking into: radiology and sonography. Essentially, two years to train to become an x-ray tech, then another two to be an ultrasound tech. It is yet another bachelor's degree, but from what I've read the job market and potential are really good.  And I could do fetal, cardiac, or vascular sonography, and make decent money. And work with people. And not have to leave the state. And who knows? Maybe I'll decide down the line to get a Master's in health administration.

Comments

Popular Posts