Dear Evelyn,

Today I was having a hard day. It doesn't really matter why.

This week has been tough in general for both of us. I've been trying to help you get on a sleep schedule,  and you've been cutting a tooth, which equates to twenty-minute disaster naps and frequent night wakings.

The past two nights I've waited a few minutes when you wake up before it's time to eat again, and you've actually put yourself back to sleep within five minutes a few times.  This is wonderful. And this morning,  your first nap lasted almost 45 minutes,  while you're second nap went on for an hour and twenty minutes! By the end I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself,  I'm just not used to having that much time.

Your progress today was extremely encouraging. And the rest of your baby antics also helped me feel more cheerful throughout the day. I'm so glad to have you in my life, especially when you nap well.

Sure do love you,

Mom

Comments

Chelsea said…
I find that the gym childcare is the best cure to a baby who won't nap. Mine loves children, so it wears her out so she will sleep. Even if she doesn't sleep after going to the gym, I'm still in a better mood to deal with the sleeping situation because I've had my guaranteed hour alone. I don't know how it is at the Murray Rec Center, but ours is only $1.50 an hour, and the ladies who run it are fabulous, they all know her by name, and it makes me feel better for her because I worry that this little only child gets lonesome.

Popular Posts