banana- fan

{via}

So guess what? You can have some fat-free, sugar-free, dairy-free, chemical-free ice cream in just over two hours.

How, you ask? Bananas.

Take some ripe bananas, is used two. Think of one banana as a serving, so if you have two people, use two bananas. If you have one hungry (greedy) person, use two bananas.

Cut them up, a little thicker than you would put on your cereal, maybe half an inch thick, and spread them out on a plate. I used a pie plate.

Cover with plastic wrap, and place in freezer for about 2 hours. You don't want to freeze overnight, or the bananas will be too hard and you may have difficulties later.

Take bananas out of freezer, and move into a blender or food processor. I used a mini prep processor.

Begin blending. You may have to scrape the sides every once in awhile, but keep going.

Watch with amazement as the bananas magically turn creamy, a beautiful shade of off-white. Continue blending till smooth.

Now, at this point, I wish I had stopped and enjoyed my guilt-free frozen treat. Instead, I added peanut butter and some cocoa mix. It was good, but adding those things took away from that banana flavor, which I love! It also added fat and sugar. Boo. Still good though.

Isn't this a great way to use ripe bananas, versus the heavy-on-the-oil bread that often fits the bill?

(By the way, I did not make this idea up, it came from here, but if you are like me, sometimes you don't want to click through to a recipe or website, so that is why I listed out the instructions for you!)

Comments

Popular Posts