saturday's brunch.

The past few Sundays we've been making breakfast pull-aparts. Today A has the day off (hooray!) so we are splurging and having them this morning. Right now they are in the oven, and smell heavenly.
















Here's how you make them:

  • refrigerator biscuits, cut into halves
(You can cram one large package, two small packages, or spread out one small package. They will puff up to fill the spaces. Winco has small ones for like, $.50!)
  • 2 T butter (I use coconut oil.)
  • 1/4 c brown sugar
  • 1 T orange juice concentrate
  • cinnamon
  • (pecans and lemon juice, which I never have so I omit)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Melt butter in either glass square pan, or glass pie pan. Mix in sugar, OJ, and a dash of cinnamon. Spread over bottom of pan. Arrange rolls evenly in pan, and sprinkle with more cinnamon. Bake for 10-20 minutes, or until golden. (My oven cooks quickly.) Let cool for one minute, and no more, then turn out onto a serving plate, and eat immediately.



Comments

Trisha said…
yum yum yum!!! I can almost smell them! They smell delicious!
Unknown said…
Yum, might have to try this for tomorrow, but probably with scratch biscuits because I've already been to the store today without buying refrigerator ones. If only I had known! But I think the kids will LOVE this. Thanks for the idea!

PS, I saw a cute drapey pale blue blouse at the local thrift store today, size 6. $2. You want? I'll go back, I just didn't know if the size was right.
Marta Nielsen said…
I've thought about doing this with biscuits from scratch, but this way is so fast, and the actual biscuits are somehow not that bad for you, unlike from-scratch biscuits! You'll have to let me know how it works out.

About the blouse, sure! We are thinking about coming to visit when school is out, I'd love to check out the thrift stores of Butte.

Popular Posts