food, inc.

That's a good movie, you should all watch it. Also, watch The Future of Food. Also, Home. Also, Playing for change. Those are the theme-movies of this semester for me.

That's not what I'm going to post about, though.

I'm going to post a recipe, hooray!

Here's how I made the Thai curry chicken I posted about earlier.

Original Recipe (My adjustments in parens)

Ingredients:

1 1/2 t canola oil (2 t)
1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch wedges (1 large onions)
3/4 c light coconut milk (1 can)
1/2 t red curry paste (2-3 t)
1/8 t black pepper (I just ground some up in there)
1 lb. chicken breast tenders (4 large chicken breasts, cut into strips)
3 T chopped fresh cilantro (half a bunch, chopped)
1 1/2 t fish sauce (3 t fish sauce)
1 7-oz bottle roasted red bell peppers, drained and coarsely chopped (3/4 of a 12-oz. jar)

(Here I would suggest you start some rice! I did 2 c dry jasmine rice with 3 c water. I actually forgot to start it till I was almost done cooking, so there was some rice-caused delay.)

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 4 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently. Stir in coconut milk, curry paste, and black pepper. Add chicken, bring to a simmer. Cook 8 minutes or until chicken is done, stirring frequently. Stir in cilantro (I waited until the very last minute for this, and saved some for garnish) and remaining ingredients; cook 1 minute. Serve over rice.

(Recipe from "the best of Cooking Light everyday favorites.")


Comments

Popular Posts