Comeuppance

Remember this post? Specifically,
"I kind of want to be called as the Primary chorister...but don't tell the bishop I said that."
Well, I've got news. It's a bit late, but I guess I've been a little busy lately. So, this Sunday will be week three for me as the chorister. Crazy! I guess you really do have to be careful what you wish for. Here are some funny things the kids have done:

In trying to subliminally teach them, I like to have them play games. We were doing boys against girls in the senior primary (4 boys against 12 girls) and the boys decided they were definitely going to win. So, they were singing their little hearts out, and got me laughing so hard that I couldn't even sing. I think part of it was funny just because they were actually singing on key, pretty high, and really loud. I didn't expect that. In junior primary, I let them roll dice that have different singing methods on each side, and they just happened to roll "whistle." I tried to stay composed and whistle the tune, but there was one little boy, with his eyebrows all furrowed, his lips pursed tightly, trying so hard to whistle and obviously having no success, and I broke down. I was laughing, the kids were laughing, it was great.

The week before, in sharing time, they were supposed to be drawing pictures of all the latter day prophets out of a basket, and guessing the names. One little boy guessed Abraham Lincoln and Hannah Montana on almost every one. That gave me a good laugh too.

Comments

Unknown said…
Primary is always fun, and Primary music is the very best job in the Church. Glad you are getting your Sunday laughs!

Popular Posts