Weekend Update.

Here's what's new.

A is a great gifter. Even though I chose some fantastic new clothes on black Friday for my Christmas gifts, he was creative and got me some great things. Two new wedding bands, smaller size for my shrinking fingers, one yellow gold and one faceted tungsten; tickets to see Mike Birbiglia's new show this month; and a Chromecast! He's awesome. We're now watching Hulu on the TV, without Hulu Plus. Thanks Google.

Evie turned one! Can't believe we've kept a little human alive for a year. She walks, and says mama, dada, baby, uh-oh, pretty, and cheese (the important words).

I made pho (Vietnamese noodle soup) from a cookbook I gave A for Christmas. It's his favorite food. It was labor intensive, and delicious. I think I'll do it again next year. :)

A year from now A will be done with school! We'll hopefully be moving into our own house at that time. Not sure where that house will be. We have been talking lately about living somewhere outside or above the horrible inversion in the SL valley, for our family's health. We'll see if we can afford Summiy County when the time comes.

I've been going to the gym. And I like it. Classes, books, and audiobooks make it bearable. Evie goes to the kid center and never cries when I leave. My goal is to run a 5K sometime next year. I can run a very slow mile so far (usually I alternate walking and running for 45 minutes).

I made gifts for nieces and nephews this year. It was fun! Scrabble tile initial necklaces for the girls, jacob's ladders for the boys.

We're going on vacation next week! California and Disneyland, baby girl's first time. A's parents are coming with, and it should be really fun. We'll divide the journey into two parts, enjoying delicious food in Las Vegas (Tacos El Gordo, Ma Depalma's Pizzeria, and Bouchon Bakery). My FIL worked in California for awhile, so he'll show us around the town Saturday and Sunday, then we'll hit the park Monday and Tuesday. Right now the forecast says it will be 75. I'm super duper excited! 

Comments

Chelsea said…
Yes yes, all the important words. I wish someone could explain to me why Alaina still refuses to say "milk" when she can say about 20 words. It's got to be the most irritating thing on earth, really. Why can she say Jesus, shoe, alrighty, night, Fergus, and thank you, but NOT MILK??? At least she thanks me for the milk **eyeroll**

Popular Posts