Lucky Number Six

Today is my anniversary.  Six years.

And I can honestly say that I love A more now than ever before. Now he's not just my best friend, my forever-husband, my travel companion, my sleepover buddy, my restaurant partner, my number one advisor, my good deal-getter, my personal mechanic and tech expert, the person who laughs at my dumb jokes... he's my baby daddy.

I feel a bit silly typing that, but seeing A as a father has made me fall in love with him all over again. Last night, when Evie woke up at three-something in the morning,  he got up without even saying anything, and let me sleep. He reads her stories every night. He pushes her in the swing. He carries her on his shoulders, while she grips his ears like handles. He tickles her, sings to her, and sometimes dances around just to make her laugh. He never complains about any daddy duties, and is always willing to help me with whatever. It is seriously becoming .

This year we added another person to our family, and the love between is expanded and extended to that little person. A made it through another year of school, started a new job, and bought a project car. I left my job and chopped off all my hair. Next year we'll be one semester away from graduation,  hopefully the project car will be done, and some of my hair will have grown back. Who knows? Maybe we'll even be in a house.

I love you, honey. You're the best dad and husband I could have ever dreamed of. Happy six years, and here's to forever more.

Comments

Popular Posts