Suddenly Seymour


I think I've said before, that we get movies at the library almost exclusively. Because of this, sometimes we end up watching somewhat obscure, off the radar films instead of the latest release you'd find at redbox. For example, recently I found in my browsing the 1960 version of "Little Shop of Horrors." Now, I knew there was a musical of the show, and had heard good things about it. Plus, the cover featured Jack Nicholson, so I thought I'd give it a try. Well, it was black and white, the main character, Seymour, was a little over-acted, and overall weird, not to mention that it wasn't a musical. On another trip to the library, A jokingly pulled out another DVD titled "Little Shop of Horrors," but this one the 1986 musical version with a star-studded cast. I decided we should get it and compare the two. The 1986 version was fantastic, with hilarious performances from Rick Moranis, Steve Martin, Jim Belushi, John Candy, Christopher Guest, and Bill Murray. The costumes were great, especially on Audrey (the woman) and the skid row trio. I would highly recommend the 1986 musical version, and maybe even the 1960 just for the entertainment of comparison.

Comments

Popular Posts