Saturday, December 27, 2008

Santa Clause Got Stuck In My Chimney

Well, I had a wonderful Christmas. This was the first Christmas Eve that I've had to work and I was a little bummed about it, but it ended up being pretty okay. At 1:00 the office closed and we had a lunch and white elephant gift exchange (my FAVORITE...not!) I had salmon, which was a little dry, and double lemon cream Marie Calendar's pie for dessert. I was the third to choose a gift, and decided that I probably wouldn't like anything there anyway, so I just chose a really big box. Inside was a bowling ball that said "Lloyd" and the movie Joe Dirt. That was a real winner.
I took the train home, and the minute I walked in the door we had to go to deliver A's aunt, the one who owns the house we live in, a Christmas treat, truffles that my sister M and I dipped this year. So we drove out to Bluffdale, and had a nice visit. This aunt has a LOT of animals. Featured that visit were the two shitzus, Sadie and Stewey, who sat on her lap the whole time licking each other. It kind of looked like they were making out, and was really funny. We also saw her Russian wolfhound, which was really pretty but sheds a lot, her Scottie dog mix that was so hyper it looked like it was having a seizure, her miniature Schnauzer, her munchkin cat with no legs, Scottish fold cat with no ears, and Bob, her bobcat mix with no tail. It's always an adventure there. Aunt K offered us a miniature pinscher named Tinkerbell, to borrow and potentially keep if we liked her, we're still discussing it.
As you can imagine, my allergies were agitated by all those animals. I think I'm more allergic to cats than dogs, since none of the dogs in A's family bother my allergies. By the time we left Aunt K's house, I had itchy eyes, a runny nose, and asthma breathing, not to mention the fact that it was time to go to my sister-in-law A2's house for Christmas Eve dinner. I had to make the choice between being a little late and miserable, or a lot late and feeling okay. I chose the latter, and we stopped at home for some drugs.
Dinner featured Hawaiian ribs with rice, spinach salad, orange dreamsicle jello, pineapple, cooked carrots, and cheesecake for dessert. Delish. When we got home I was out like a light, Benadryl does that to me.
Christmas morning was great. We opened presents around eight, thank goodness for not having kids yet. A is SO thoughtful and creative! He made me a heated seat for my car, I'm on my way to driving a luxury Eagle Summit! He also built a indoor grower, with a grow light, to have a indoor herb garden. Already planted, we have basil and parsley, no sprouts yet. I also got a heated mattress pad, microwaveable slippers with aromatheraputic stuff inside, and these gel-lined gloves that moisturize your hands. I also got some Lindt dark chocolate bars, one infused with red chili, the other wit pear and almond, and some cherry sours, my favorite. Best Christmas ever.
Now we're sitting in our pajamas, watchin Ugly Betty. Who could ask for anything more?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun Christmas! Your car is really coming up in the world thanks to your hubby. And yes, it is a coca latte, and it has changed my life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...