Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

I'm going to try to post more often, and this month maybe even use Christmas song titles. How does that sound?

So next week is finals week. Most people are already done with everything, I am not. I have two papers due on Monday, and haven't finished either one. I also have a test on Tuesday. I heard someone say once that if it weren't for the last minute, nothing would ever get done. That is SO true for me. I am a major procrastinator.

This Sunday the primary kids are singing in sacrament meeting. I decided to have them sing a non-traditional carol, which is actually a traditional carol, just non-traditional for Mormons. They will be singing the Children's Song of the Nativity. My sister and I sang it as a duet a few years ago, and it is now one of my very favorites. We've only had a couple weeks to practice, so I hope it turns out well!

Last Saturday we went to the concert of the Salt Lake Children's Choir at the Chathedral of the Madeline. I've said it before, but I am so moved by music. If it is good, it will most likely make me teary-eyed. This was no exception. My nephew B (on A's side of the family) is in the Wednesday choir. He's the youngest one, having just turned seven, and did such a good job. I was so proud of him. I hope my kids will want to sing like that.

We drove around to see the best Christmas lights tonight, there's a map on KSL.com of the must-sees. That was pretty fun.

I don't cook lately, especially because school is crazy busy. Tonight I cooked up some cheesey tortellini and smothered it in pesto sauce frozen from when I used to cook in the summer. It was so delicious!

Speaking of school, I'll be done with my department requirements in about a year. That's the good news. Bad news is that I'll still have a lot more hours of random credit to complete. So, a year from now I'll be deciding on either a double major, a minor, or just take a bunch of classes that look interesting. Isn't it silly that we have to jump through so many hoops? Even though I'll have completed the necessary courses required for a planner, I won't have a stinking degree!

Congratulations! You made it to the end. That was a longy.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ugh. the hoops. don't even get me started on the school and stupid requirements. Of course i do love the u, but seriously, some of the classes you have to take to get a teaching certifiacte are so STUPID.

and i love pesto. Mostly your pesto. remember when we made pesto pizza and it was the first time i had pesto. it was the best pesto i ever had.
alyddall said…
hi Marta - I vote for the "take some interesting classes" route. I still look back fondly on some of the interesting classes (not engineering related) that I took in college. There is lots to learn that is so much fun.

Thanks for the nice comments about nephew "B". I am glad he has your encouragement for his singing. Check out his blog, we posted two short clips of his little choir.

Popular Posts